Everyone knows that drinking plenty of water is good for your health. You may have seen the general rule that is often quoted which says you should drink eight average sized glasses of water each day. This is not quite true, as fluid requirements vary from one person to the next, but it is true that remaining well hydrated is important.
One of the big questions you may be asking yourself is which is the best water to drink? Should you drink bottled water or filtered water such as you find in drinking fountains? In this article we are going to take a look at why drinking water is important and what the difference is between water in a bottle and filtered water.
[Photo courtesy of priyanka98742/pixabay.com]
Why is it important to drink water?
If you feel thirsty it’s your body’s way of telling you that you need to take on board more fluids. At this point you may already be starting to get dehydrated. So why is it so important to try and keep your body sufficiently hydrated at all times?
- To maintain the balance of fluids in your body. Water makes up approximately 60% of your body and it’s used to help with vital bodily functions such as digestion, circulation and the production of saliva. You need to maintain the fluid balance in order to remain healthy.
- To improve the appearance of your skin. Water is not a miracle cure for wrinkles, but making sure your skin is hydrated does help it to have a fuller and glossier appearance.
- To make sure your kidneys function correctly. Kidneys remove toxins from the body. They can only do this effectively if your body has enough fluids to enable them to function as they should.
These are just some of the reasons why fluids, including water, are so important for your health. But where should you drink your water from; a bottle, or filtered from a tap?
[Photo courtesy of AnnaER/pixabay.com]
What is the difference between filtered and bottled water?
Many people assume that bottled water is a healthy option. This is not actually the case. There is nothing to suggest that bottled water is any healthier than the water that comes straight from the tap in your home. You also have to consider the fact that drinking bottled water is not good for the environment. The plastic bottles used to contain the water end up in landfill or in the oceans.
[Photo courtesy of Mcability/pixabay.com]
On the other hand, filtered water is healthier to drink than water that comes straight from the tap. This is because it has been filtered to get rid of all the additives, chemicals and dirt that it collects on its way to being delivered to your home.
As you can see, it’s important to make sure that your body remains hydrated, and drinking water is a good way of ensuring this happens. If you want to make sure that the water you drink is healthy and safe then filtered water is your best option.
We walked around the town according to our schedule and when we passed by the Emart Everyday we went inside to buy chicken breast and other food supplies that we need. We are not supposed to buy large carton of milk but when we saw Seoul Milk, two for a price of one and the expiration is going to be month from now my husband told me to get it. So I did, since I wasted milk (not drinking before the expiration) I only buy the small carton which is two glasses.
Last Wednesday when we shopped our daily supplies I didn’t forgot to buy liquid yoghurt as well or probiotic milk or let just simply called it Korean Yakult. So today this is what I got a strawberry juice, I have learned it when I bought fruit juice in the market.
I blend two Yakult, 4 strawberries as I have no liquid sugar I just used white sugar and add a little water. After blending it for few minutes I add three cubes of ice and is ready to drink. Yum, not just delicious but healthy too!
I am the only one who drink coffee here so I mostly used three-in one coffee which is common in every store. Drinking coffee is addictive but if you don’t know coffee is actually one of the healthiest beverages billions of people consume regularly. According to what I have read:
- a coffee containing with bitter orange, hydroxycitric acid, and chromium can encourage an increase up to 30% in metabolic rate.
- Coffee with exercise when taking 300mg averages a 20% increase in energy and fatigue while burning fat increased 107% greater than without caffeine.
- Caffeine in coffee keeps our brains alert and receptive of new information. • Regular consumption of coffee decreases the risk of type II diabetes and many other health risks.
If coffee has an advantages there’s also disadvantages:
- Coffee when consumed in excess can be addictive, stimulate, and a mood charger. • A large amount of coffee or caffeine consumed all at once can have a negative affect on blood sugar levels that influences fat burning that could change into storing fat. • Too much coffee over time can stain your teeth.
Read more here.
As what I have said on my health blog we bought prunes or dried plums yesterday and we mixed it in the blender with water and turn it to juice that’s how simple it is done. Prunes taste like raisins but it is not raisins,
Prune juice is distilled from dried plums, usually by re-hydrating the fruit in water and extracting the liquid. The deep purple elixir is a virtual cocktail of beneficial nutrients and vitamins. Although the most famous characteristic of prune juice is its high-fiber based laxative effect, experts suggest many other health benefits are also possible. Source