On summer months where fields are dry planting mongo beans is one of the best options of many farmers in our area. My father had planted a few in the small piece of land his farming and a few weeks ago he already had a harvest.
For a change just merely by boiling and sautéing the beans we decided to soaked some mongo beans and let them grow and when the beans sprouted, we sautéed vegetable with it.
Making this dish is so easy all you will need to do is sauté the ingredients and add a little seasoning to enhance the flavor and you are done.
- 1 cup of mongo sprouts
- Chicken strips
- Mixed vegetables (carrots, cabbage, beans and turnips) this can be bought in the public market for ten pesos per small packed.
- Garlic, onions, oil, salt, black pepper and etc.,
- Saute the garlic and onion, add the strips of chicken and mixed vegetables
- Add the mongo bean sprouts and chicken broth and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt (as needed) and pepper, and turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice, best with boiled egg aside.