A few days ago someone came by selling crabs, they were fish out from the river in our barangay. They were sold for P20.00 per dipper and since there’s only small left in the pail, the seller gave it all to us. They got a lot of crabs when it rained and the water came down from the mountain, they prepared traps for the crabs.
The crabs were cooked first in a hot wok without adding water or anything. Then they were cooked in coconut milk with papaya and moringa leaves as garnishes. This dish is really superb, I can’t stop myself from eating a lot of rice, any food cooked in coconut milk is really my weakness.
Crabs, garlic, , salt, moringa leaves, papaya, coconut milk, turmeric
- In a large pot put the crabs and add the coconut milk from second extract of grated coconut
- Add the garlic, salt, turmeric and pepper and let it simmer
- Then add the papaya, as well as the coconut milk from the first extract of the grated coconut
- Cooked it for few minutes, and when it is nearing to be cooked add the moringa leaves
- Serve with steamed rice, enjoy!